We had another exciting week! Below is an update on what the Blue Room children learned this week at Montclare.
Books we read:
- Mercury and Venus, by Rosalind Mist
- Earth and Mars, by Rosalind Mist
- Uranus and Neptune, by Rosalind Mist
- Jupiter and Saturn, by Rosalind Mist
- Astronauts, by Carmen Bredeson
- This week in the Blue Room was jam-packed with a variety of activities. We continued our study of the Solar System.
- We learned about the planets, and discovered that, because of its size, Pluto is now considered to be a dwarf planet. We read many books and did “ research” using our library on the planets and listed down the facts we learned. Then each child created a planet of their choice using collage materials.
- We learned about the job of astronauts and the tools they use. Each child filled out their very own astronaut application. They listed why they want to be an astronaut and why they should be hired for this special job. Bravery, intelligence, sense of humor and kindness were some of the qualities listed. Look out- next stop NASA!
- We learned about the order of the planets from the sun using the mnemonic device "My Very Educated Mother Just Served us Nachos”!
Theme this week:
- Solar System
Dates to remember:
- Friday, May 31st- Field Day in Central Park (location in the park to be announced): Time 10am-1pm, 1 adult per child
- Friday, June 7, Movie Morning and last day of classes -we will be showing our end of the year video to the children and guests during arrival.
- Monday, June 10th- Graduation
Enjoy the long weekend,
The Blue Room Teachers